Pompeo told how the operation to eliminate General Suleimani was being prepared

Pompeo told how the operation to eliminate General Suleimani was being prepared

The US State Department warned of attacks on US embassies by Iranian general Qassem Suleiman. This was stated by US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo.

“We not only notified them, but took a set of measures in order to ensure their full protection and security, so that they are prepared, so that there is enhanced protection in case something goes wrong,” the official said.

Earlier in a number of American media there were reports that State Department officials were not notified of Suleimani’s preparations for attacks on US embassies.

Pompeo noted that such allegations are “false and dangerous, and also deliberately diminish the efforts of this administration to protect men and women who work in embassies.”

Recall that at dawn on January 3 near Baghdad, a strike by American aviation killed the 63-year-old Lieutenant General Al-Quds Qassem Suleiman, who arrived in Iraq to meet with local police commanders.

This was followed by a series of events – on January 8, Iran launched ballistic missiles at two Ain al-Assad and Erbil military bases in Iraq, on which American troops and international coalition forces are deployed.

On the same day, Iranian air defense systems shot down an Ukraine International Airlines plane with 167 passengers and 9 crew members on board. In Tehran, it was called the fatal mistake of the local military, who took the passenger liner for an enemy object – a US cruise missile.

Share to friends
MAG NEWS
Add a comment